Friday, October 31, 2008

Are You Ready?

OK, so earlier this week I had a guy come in to my office, pull out his bible, and begin to show me from his Bible that Jesus is coming back on Nov. 15, 2008. Although I did not agree with his interpretation of the scriptures on various issues he was nonetheless convinced that he had discovered the secret of the date from the scriptures themselves. He even claims to have found another man on the internet who has arrived at the same date, but by a completely different method.

Although I did not buy his arguments, it once again made me ask myself "Am I ready for Christ's return?"

Spiritually?..... yes.

Personally?..... well I would like to see my kids grow up a little more. I would like to play with grandchildren someday.

In our Ministry?..... Wow! There is so much more that I would like to do. So many more ways that we could tell people about Jesus, especially in this fast moving world of technology and communication.

I have to admit that at first I thought "hooray! Now I don't have to worry anymore about my budgets!" But there is so much more to the ministry than that. What my encounter with this man did for me was put everything back into perspective again. It isn't about budgets. It isn't about meetings. It isn't about employee/employer conflicts. It is about saving the lost and getting them the message in time for them to make a decision for Christ. This was a reminder for me to "Keep the main thing, the main thing".

Doug

No comments: